Although many forms of jaw pain may simply be from soreness or overuse, lingering jaw pain may be a sign of something much more serious. For more information about jaw pain, consider the following:
– If you notice any of the signs of jaw or facial pain, visit your dentist for a detailed exam of your oral health, which may also include X-Rays to help find the source of your ailment.
– Common signs of jaw and facial pain include jaw tenderness, headaches, and irregular pain felt in or around the ear.
– Potential causes of facial and jaw pain include toothaches, infections, oral accidents and injuries, and a multitude of oral health ailments. This includes issues such as gum disease, TMJ disorders, and bruxism.
– Possible treatments for facial and jaw pain include medications, antibiotics, pain relievers, and mouth guards. More serious therapies including extractions and root canals may also be an option.
– Jaw pain can result in issues with biting into foods and can hinder your abilities to chew, speak, and bite properly.
If you are ready to take the next step to achieve a glorious smile with a pain-free jaw, set an appointment with Steven Wolfson, DDS at our dentist office in Houston, Texas. Dr. Steven Wolfson and the rest of our team can be reached at 713-893-4288. We look forward to making your smile shine soon!